Monday, July 18, 2011

Family Vacation - Colorado Part 2

Tuesday we had an easy day. We headed to the outlet malls about 20 minutes west of Breckenridge. We did some shopping for Payne and then we all decided we were hungry so we went to eat and then headed back for P to take a nap. After his nap we walked around in Breckenridge and shopped. 

Wednesday Papa, Teme, and I got up at 5 and we to hike a Mount Cameron. Remember me telling you about hiking here. Well, the dreaded day had come. All in all, I feel I did great! I did get really tired at 13,800 feet and told my Papa I was done. It was so cold and super windy, but we pressed on to the top, 14,275. We didn't stay at the top long because of the wind and there was no where to hide from it. We were also afraid it was about to rain so we headed back down pretty quickly. On the way down we stop and had lunch. 
When we got back Payne was a sleep and so I was able to take a quick nap before he woke up. We took him down to the play place for a little bit to get out his energy. He loved it! I wish we had a place like that here.
 Thursday was one of my favorite days. We rented a jeep and drove up Georgia Pass and then over Boreas Pass. It got to be a little rough, but P had no problems falling right to sleep.
  
At this point in the ride, Teme, P, and I got out and walked.  It looked more like a canyon than a rode and I didn't want to risk anything. Turns out the boys drove around it anyways.
The top was beautiful. It is actually part of the Continental Divide. 








Then we headed over to Boreas Pass. 
 
 This overlooks Breckenridge from the pass. I absolutely love this view!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love the pics! We had so much fun with you guys and especially Payne on his first family vacation! Love you all! Teme