Friday, August 20, 2010

Payne Is Here




After working yesterday, I decided about 2:30 that I should probably go to the hospital to be checked after school. By 3:30 when I dropped my students off, my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. I went and told my principal that I was headed to the hospital and would let her know if I would be back on Friday. I picked up Ryan at 3:45 and we made it to the hospital about 4. When I arrived I was dilated to a 4 cm and 80% effaced. Dr. S admitted me and we got everything else started. We called the family and they were headed this way. Heather and Adam went to our house and got the rest of our things and brought them to us. I couldn't be more thankful for Heather who held my hand through the epidural. I got that around 6. That was one of the worst parts of this whole process. My water finally broke at 8 and we started the home stretch around 12:30am.

He finally arrived at 12:58.
Weighs 8 pounds and 7 ounces.
20.5 inches long.
My sister, who had been at rush all day! She finally made it to the hospital after Allison called everyone she knew to get her the message that I was in labor.


The rest of the family.

We couldn't be more thankful for all the family and friends that have already come by or plan too. We are so blessed!

Here is my sweet boy!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations Ryan & Sarah! Payne is precious! Enjoy every minute!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Oh My Word!! He is just precious...and a big guy at that! So thankful that everything went well. I can't wait to come by and meet Mr. Payne!! It will have to be once Matt is off of work though-I don't want to overwhelm the room with all my kids. Haha. I am sooo excited for you guys!!! He just couldn't be any stinking cuter!! (In the first picture I think he has Ryan's cheeks.)

Jennifer said...

I am just so excited for y'all! As tired as I was when I got home, I couldn't sleep because I was just so excited!

Payne is precious! I think he looks like Ryan in the last picture. Hope you have a good day! We will see you this evening!

Lindsey said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Baby Payne!

Lindsey Kindy said...

Congrats. He looks just like his daddy. Glad everything went well.

Trumbo Family said...

Congrats! I can't believe you carried an 8 lb baby! That seriously means you only gained a couple of lbs yourself--whoa! He is precious and we are so happy for the safe arrival of your little Payne!

Mary Lynn said...

Congratulations! These are exciting days.....enjoy that baby!

Erin said...

congrats on the baby. Just came over from Jennifers blog. He is adorable!