Sunday, July 11, 2010

Colorado Day 1

W arrived last night about 5 and unpacked. We were all tired from driving so we had a lazy night and all turned in early.
This morning Papa and Tracey headed out early and went to ride their bikes on Swan Mountain. Ryan and Rae-Marie headed out about 10 to meet up with them and bike down Vail Pass and around Lake Dillon. They stopped in Copper Mountain for some lunch and then hit the trail again.
Ryan said they had a great time. They rode about 22 miles. He did complain his butt was a little sore afterward!
While they were out I laid around the condo and worked on some school things. Then I decided I wanted to go on a walk, so I did. I walked for about an hour. Here is some of the scenery from the town. I carried my new camera around and tested it out.
On my walk I found the cutest little store. I have found many ideas for Heather and I to create when I get home!

Tonight we are getting cleaned up, eating some dinner at the condo, and head to see a play at Backstage Theatre. The name of the show was "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". I'll let you know how it goes!
Tomorrow the family is headed out at 6am to climb a 14,200ft. mountain! I just laugh when they talk about it!

No comments: