Wednesday, May 5, 2010

24 weeks





How my life is changing:

My emotions have been running wild! I have cried more in the last week over nothing than any other week. Payne is kicking all the time. I can’t sit for very long without him kicking until I get up. So I do a lot of standing or laying down. No food sounds good anymore. I am not sure what to do about that. I try not to think about food until right when I am going to eat.


Payne’s adventures:

We have now traveled to Oklahoma and Texas. We will also get in Florida before the end of the month. Before he is born he should have been to 9 different states! Holy cow, we travel a lot!!!


Payne’s development:

Since last week Payne had gained about 4 ounces. That is quite a bit in a week. So, he weighs about a pound and half. He is about a 12-14 inches long. His little body is starting to plump up and his brain to developing rapidly! I wish could see what he looks like. I only have a month left of the 2nd trimester!


Payne’s Room:

It’s painted, but still needs some touch ups. I hope to get to that this weekend.

We have now got the closet cleaned out and ready for his things. I can’t wait until it is full of baby things and I can open it and just look at it. We got some picture frames for the wall over the weekend at IKEA. I want to hang them above the glider. We plan to put pictures of our family in there so he can see their pictures everyday. Here is kind of what I am thinking.

I still need to order the canvas for one of the walls. I hope to get that done this week as well. We are still working on getting the crib and dresser ordered. Hopefully, that will be done before the end of the week. The bedding should be here this week! I so can’t wait to see that!


Things to look forward to:

I have appointment Monday morning. I am going by myself since Ryan is playing in golf tournament. I am supposed to have the blood sugar test. I have been told to get the orange flavored drink. Jennifer says it taste like flat orange soda. So, we will see. Also, I have to drink it in 5 minutes. That makes me nervous.

This is my last full teaching week of school. Kind of sounds crazy to me. May is a busy month at school. We have two field trips, I am off a few days for appointments and traveling, we have conferences, field day, and class parties! Then it will all be over! I can’t believe that I have made it through a whole year!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I've done the orange and the red drink.... the orange was better, but I like orange soda. And it isn't too bad to drink it in 5 minutes. Maybe bring a straw and see if they'll let you drink out of a straw....seems it is easier to drink quickly out of a straw!

I love the frames! And I can't wait to see his whole room all put together!