Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Half Way-20 Weeks!


I'm half way through my pregnancy now! 20 weeks!

Payne's Growth:
Payne is about 6 1/2 inches long now and weighs about 10 1/2 ounces. He is about the length of a banana. He is swallowing more now and he's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and it will been seen it in his first soiled diaper. That freaks me out a little!

Lifestyle changes:
I am sleeping better now. I had a dream last week that I had a boy with a head full of brown hair and brown eyes. So...we'll see. I am still trying to eat smaller meals more often. I have gained 7 pounds according to my scale. Which makes me nervous. I have noticed that if I see someone with something to eat or drink, I want what they have. Yesterday, it was a milkshake.
I can feel him kicking a lot more this week, than in weeks past. He likes to kick mostly when I am home from school trying to relax on the couch or right before I go to sleep. Ryan still hasn't been able to feel it, but I can't wait till he can.

Funny of the week:
Last Friday, one of our teachers brought her baby to school to show off and I was holding him. When I handed him back one of my students poked me in the belly and said, "There's a baby in there." Then he ran off! I laughed and then thought, I don't really like to be poke in the belly!
Also, more and more people are starting to rub my belly. That makes me laugh as well!

Looking forward to...:
We have our ultrasound this week on Friday! I just image him looking so big! I also want a conformation on our due date. I plan to order the glider this weekend and paint sample colors on the walls. Also, next weekend I plan on ordering the bedding and the crib! Everything is starting to fall into place!

2 comments:

Rachael Wright Jones said...

That's so funny! I can't help but rub your belly!

I like the food references to his size. haha

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Ok so I am a few posts behind. I like the going home outfit. I took several outfits, blankets, etc. Lilly and Reid were always dressed and swaddled in our clothes. Reid more than Lilly because he didn't SCREAM when it was time to change clothes. Haha.

On the bedding, they are both cute but I like the first one.

Glad things are going well--for me the second half of both pregnancies flew by much faster than the first half. I think it is because you can distract yourself by actually getting ready for the baby!

Have a good week!