Friday, March 12, 2010

Baby Update

Well I am 16 weeks and 3 days.
(pictures to come later)

We went to the doctor on Wednesday and heard the heart beat again. It was 162. She said everything sounded good and she would see me again in 4 weeks.

So far, the only thing I am craving are things that aren't good for you! Candy and fried food! I love it and I can't help myself! Though before I was pregnant I loved chocolate, now no so much! (Maybe that will stick around after the pregnancy. )

I think total I have gained 4 pounds, but I pretty sure that varies from day to day. I don't like the way my clothes fit now. I use the bella band for all but one pair of my jeans. None of the khakis or J-crew pants fit anymore! I was bummed about that.

I still haven't had any morning sickness, but this past week I have had a sinus infection. That has really taken a toll on my body. I still sleep a lot and go to the bathroom once or twice a night, but I am getting used to the routine of getting up and going back to bed pretty fast. I have noticed that I fall asleep faster and hit my snooze two more times in the morning that I used too. Oops!

Today I told my students I was pregnant and that about the time they come back to school in fall I will be about to have a baby! They were so sweet and excited! Most of the questions were how long have I known, why I waited so long to tell them, when will it be here, will you have him on my birthday, can we all come the hospital and visit? Then, they kept telling me I was to skinny to have a baby growing in me! I told them to keep flattering me with comments! Going into it was scared to tell them, but it turned out so well!

We went baby furniture shopping last weekend so my brain is spinning with ideas. I will share a few of those later next week. We are so excited I am ready to move our guest bedroom to the office and get Payne's room ready! ( I tend to jump the gun about things when I am really excited!)

The plan this weekend is to rest. Ryan and I are both battling this sinus stuff still, so I hope by Monday we are all well! Thanks for all the comments on strollers and car seats. I will let you know what we finally decided.

1 comment:

Rachael Wright Jones said...

Aw that's so fun!!!

I can't wait to see your decorating ideas! I'm already getting into it and our "baby" isn't even a thought yet! I need to make an idea book! haha

Love you!