Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The BIG News

Well, for the past 4 and half weeks I have kept one of the biggest secrets of my life! Ok...well, I haven't been that great at keeping the secret.











Ryan and I are going to have a baby!!!!!!

Went two weeks ago and had the insurance meeting and then went back yesterday to meet with Dr. S. We got to hear the heartbeat of our baby. It was 160 bpm. It was so sweet. I was so nervous - I just laughed the entire time. Then Dr. S asked if I had any questions for her which I did, but I was so caught up in the moment I couldn't remember a thing. We are so excited we don't really know what to do.

To recap the past four weeks of trying to hold it in.

Ryan and I were going to Eureka Springs for our annual trip in January, but the weekend before we had a feeling something wasn't right and we needed to figure it out before we went away for the weekend. So we agreed that I would get a test on Monday afternoon and take it at home. I was so nervous/excited all day Monday. I text Ryan all day. We discussed all the reasons we thought I was pregnant. I had been craving random food, my boobs were hurting, no period, I was moody, and many more. Then it came to the reasons I wasn't and well there were none. So, after the longest staff meeting of my life I ran to the car and went to Walgreen's and got the test. (Two because I wanted to be sure.) I got home and took the test by myself. I probably read the directions three times to make sure I did it correctly. I did what you are supposed to do and then waited and waited and waited. Finally, it said Pregnant. I had to take a deep breathe and then I smiled really big. Then I started thinking of how I was going to tell Ryan, my mom, my dad, Ryan's parents, everyone! What do you say? How can I make this fun? I didn't really have much time to think about it for Ryan. He would be home any minute. Well ,needless to say no creativity came about. He walked in and I was sitting on the couch and I just handed him the test. He was excited, nervous, or more or less SHOCKED!

I will post more later on how we told everyone else and pictures. Now that I am pregnant I have to go to bed early. Ok, who am I kidding I always went to bed early, now I just have a reason! :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad the secret is out! You know we are so excited for y'all and can't wait for that baby to get here!

Kirsten Blowers said...

AHHHHH!!!! So excited for you!!!

The Simpson's said...

Yeah!!!!!! Yall are going to be amazing parents!

Jen said...

I'm so happy for you and so excited!!!! YAY!!!!!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I am so excited for you guys! I woke up and took a test because I was bored and we had one in the house to find out I was pregnant with Lilly....Matt was still in bed. When I saw it was positive I let out a sincere surprise scream and I immediately thought, "What do I tell Matt" but of course he wanted to know what the scream was about and all that popped out of my mouth was "I will talk to you in two minutes!!" because I wanted to make sure I had taken the test right. Haha! I think that is one of the most fun moments in life!! Congratulations again and we are so excited for you all!!

Gina said...

When you start your blog title with the words BIG NEWS, it's not hard to figure out what that might be but I had to read on to be sure. My heart did a leap and I am smiling so big! I am so happy for you all!!!!!!!!!
Gina

Rachael Wright Jones said...

Ok sugar... where are the pics? Gotta see 'em!!! I'm so excited for you! :-)

Kimberly said...

Congratulations to you and your husband! what a way to start off the new year!

stevepvc said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's all I have to say for now, more later!