Sunday, January 3, 2010

Babysitting and 21 Days

Last night we watched the Razorback barely pull off a win at the Liberty Bowl. We stayed home and one of Ryan's friends, Stretch, came over to watch it with us. We also had another little one to watch it with us too, Nelson. He had played outside with Lucy all day so he was super tired and in need of cuddle time. I was sitting in front of the fire last night and he came in crawled in my lap and went to sleep. I liked it!! He never does that anymore!! Then he laid with me on the couch.


We woke up this morning to a blanket of snow. It snowed here over Christmas but, we were in Little Rock so we missed it. So, this morning I took a picture of our house in the snow. Then we headed to church.
Our church is starting 21 days today at sundown.

Originally, when we were at church Ryan and I decided to fast from certain things. I chose to fast from coke and Ryan decided to fast from Internet at home. After lunch with the Francis' and the Jones' we came home and decided we would also do the Daniel 1 fast. ( We are going to be out of town for the 2 of the weekends so we will stop and resume accordingly.) After Ryan researched we discovered that we could only eat fruits, veggies, and whole wheats. He looked up several recipes for ideas of what we could eat and ways to make it different. After A and B came to pick up Nelson we headed to Wal-Mart to get things. Here is what we came up with.


Our refrigerated fruits and veggies


Our other fruits and veggies


Our whole wheat products

This is going to be a time of growing for Ryan and I. Please pray for all the people at church who are participating in different types of fasting and us during these next 21 days.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you and Ryan! We will be praying for y'all and I will make sure and have fruits and veggies for snacks on Wednesday night.

We had so much fun with y'all today as always! :)