Saturday, November 15, 2008

Hit and Run!



Well, in the middle of the night at 1:05 this morning we were awaken to the car alarm of Baxter's truck going off and another car speeding off. Amy and her sister Jill were asleep in Amy's room, Ryan was asleep in Allison's room and I was in my room. Amy and I have to take the Praxis today so we had gone to bed early. Amy and Ryan jump out of bed to see what was going on. Amy said she thinks someone had broken into Baxter's truck. I didn't know anything had happend until the opened the fromt door and they were talking. So we all walk out side and to our surprise the truck's back tire was in our yard. Someone had hit him. It took us a minute to figure out that the main impact was on the back driver's tire. They had hit the truck so hard that it moved it back about 3 feet and pushed it up over the curve. I decided to call the police then instead of waiting until the morning. They came out and he was a very nice police officer. It took about 15 minutes to get all the info he needed and he left. That was about 2:10. At 3:40 I as awoken again with someone beating on my front door and ringing my doorbell repeatly. I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall as Amy is yelling at me. It was another police officer, he first words to me as he yelled, "WHO'S TRUCK IS THIS?'' I thought he was mad because of the way it was park. But come to find out within an hour and a half of the first police officer leaving they had caught the guy and arrested him!! Way to go Fayetteville Police!!!!





1 comment:

Lauren McKnight said...

It's all thanks to you! I still want to add some pictures, but figured I'd used my brain enough today!