Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of School

      This year was a little different in the start to the school year. I was starting a new job, in a new grade as well. Of course my kids are awesome! And it was Payne's 2nd birthday! I have moved from teaching at a private school where there were 36 kids in 3rd grade and I had to collborate with one other teacher, to a public school where there are five 4th grade teachers and a 125 kids in the grade!
      I work on a team with in the 4th grade team of 3 teachers. I have my homeroom in the morning and then teach them Math, then we head to recess, then my class goes down the hall for Writing and Content and I teach another Math class, lunch and planning then the kids come back and my homeroom goes to Reading and I teach other class of Math. At the end of the day I teach my homeroom Word Study. If you could keep up with all of that, congrats most people are so confussed.  Really all I do is teach Math three times  to 75 kids and Word Study once. It is a lot different and I am learning so much, but I am absoultly loving it!
Payne and Ryan waved me off and wished me good luck on my first day!


    Also, like I said it was Payne's birthday on the 1st day of school which was hard for because I wanted to spend the day with him, but that didn't happen. We were able to have a some friends over for birthday cake that evening and it turned into a great night.

No comments: